NOTICE OF MEETING
FOR THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF WILLIS, TEXAS
Notice is hereby given that a regular meeting of the governing body of the above name City will be held on the 18th of September, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. in the City Hall at 200 N. Bell Street, Willis, Texas at which time the following subjects will be discussed, to-wit:
- Call to order the regular
- Roll Call, Pledge of Allegiance, and Invocation
I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. Honor the Texas Flag. I pledge allegiance to thee Texas; one state under God, one and indivisible.
- PUBLIC HEARING
- Public Hearing on FY 2018-2019
- Joint Public Hearing with Willis Planning and Zoning Commission on amending Zoning Regulations Chapter 155 rear setbacks requirements for General Commercial Zoning District
- CITIZENS INQUIRY
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Consider the minutes of the previous meeting: August 21, 2018.
- Approval of accounts
- Approval of financial statements and tax collection
- Approval of Willis Police Department Policy 23 Foot Pursuits.
- ORDINANCES Second Reading
- An Ordinance amending Chapter 155, “Zoning,” of the City of Willis Code of Ordinances, by amending the rear setback requirements for General Commercial Zoning District
- NEW BUSINESS
- Consider approval of a resolution by City Council to withdraw plans for a park on Rogers
- Consider approval of a service agreement between the City of Willis and Entergy for installation of a 3” water line on Longstreet
- Select and approve contract for company to complete a wage
- Designation of representative and alternate for the Houston-Galveston Area Council 2019 General
- Cast ballot for TML MultiState Intergovernmental Employee Benefits Pool Board of Trustees Region
- Consider approval of an Interlocal Agreement for Animal Control Shelter
- Consider approval of Code Red services for 2018-2019.
- Consider and approve resolution approving the City of Willis FY 2018-2019
- Consider, adopt, and set by resolution the 2018 Ad Valorem Tax Rate for Maintenance and Operation, $0.6389/$100
- Consider, adopt, and set by resolution the 2018 Ad Valorem Tax Rate for Debt Service,
Input from Council related to issues for possible inclusion on future agendas; related to issues such as (but not limited to) municipal projects, personnel, public property, development, and other city/public business.
- City Engineer’s Report
- Paddock Street Warranty Letter
- City Manager’s report
- Comprehensive Plan Update and Overview
- Charter Review
- Grease Trap Refresher
- Memo to Car Riders on Blocking Driveways
- Gateway Sign Message
- Budget Message-Percentage of Increase and Services to Community
- EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Convene into closed Executive Session under Section 071 (Legal Matters) of the Texas Open Meetings Act.
- Kizzee Notice of Claim & Demand
- Reconvene into open session and take action deemed necessary on matters discussed in closed executive session.
Dated this the 14th day of September, 2018
Brenda Burns for Marissa Quintanilla, City Secretary