WALKER COUNTY COMMISSIONERS COURT
1100 University Avenue
Huntsville, Texas 77340
Commissioner, Precinct 1
Commissioner, Precinct 2
AGENDA SPECIAL SESSION
MONDAY, MAY 15, 2017
Commissioner, Precinct 3
JIMMY D. HENRY
Commissioner, Precinct 4
CALL TO ORDER
- Announcement by the County Judge whether a quorum is
- Certification that public Notice of Meeting was given in accordance with the provisions of Section 001 et. Seq. of the Texas Government Code.
- Prayer – Pastor James Necker
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Texas Pledge – “Honor the Texas Flag, I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible”
- Citizen Input
Special Prosecution Unit
- Discuss and take action on Memorandum of Administrative Clerk Service Agreement between new hire, Faith Williams, and Walker County – Laura Yosko
- Discuss and take action on paying an exempt employee overtime per Walker County Personnel Policy Manual Section
4.03.22 – Amy Klawinksy Purchasing
- Discuss and take action on roof leak at Gibbs-Powell House Museum – Mike Williford
- Discuss and take action on Walker County Storm Shelter Lessee’s event insurance – Mike Williford Auditor
- Discuss and take action on Claims and Invoices submitted for payment – Patricia Allen
Planning and Development
- Discuss and take action on the construction plans submitted as “Dipping Vat Road Extension” by Bleyl & Engineering dated 5/3/2017. Plans submitted with title “Dipping Vat Road Extension”, however, the request is not for approval of maintenance or dedication, nor is any action requested on portions of plans within the extra-territorial jurisdiction of the City of Huntsville – Andy Isbell
- Discuss and take action on Proclamation 2017-62, proclaiming May 14-May 20, 2017, as National Police Week – Judge Pierce
- Discuss and take action on appointing J. Gaines to the Walker County Housing Authority – Judge Pierce
If during the course of the meeting covered by this notice, Commissioners Court shall determine that a closed meeting of the Court is required, then such closed meeting as authorized by Texas Government Code 551, sub-chapter D, will be held by the Commissioners Court at the date, hour, and place given in this notice or as soon after the commencement of the meeting covered by this notice as the Commissioners Court may conveniently meet in such closed meeting concerning any and all subjects and for any and all purposes permitted by Chapter 551, sub-chapter D, inclusive of said Texas Government Code, including but not limited to:
Section 551.071 For the purpose of private consultation between the Commissioners Court and its attorney when the attorney’s advice with respect to pending or contemplated litigation settlement offers, and matters where the duty of the Commissioners Court counsel to his client pursuant to the Code of Professional Responsibility of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the Open Meetings Act.
Section 551.072 For the purpose of discussion with respect to the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property, if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the Commissioners Court in negotiations with a third person
Walker County Commissioners Court – Special Session, Monday, May 15, 2017 – Agenda (cont’d)
Section 551.073 For the purpose of deliberation regarding prospective gifts or to deliberate a negotiated contract for prospective gift or donation to the Commissioners Court or Walker County, if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the Commissioners Court in negotiations with a third person.
Section 551.074 For the purpose of considering the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee or to hear complaints or charges against a public officer or employee, unless such officer or employee requests a public hearing.
Section 551.076 To discuss the deployment, or specific occasions for implementation of security personnel or devices.
Section 551.086 Deliberation regarding economic development negotiations.
- Questions from the media
- Commissioners Court
On this 12th day of May, 2017, the Executive Administrator to the County Judge filed this notice, and was posted at the main entrance of the Walker County Courthouse.
I, the undersigned County Clerk, do hereby state that the above Notice of Meeting of the above named Commissioners’ Court, is a true and correct copy of said Notice, and I posted a true and correct copy of said Notice on the Courthouse door of Huntsville, Walker County, Texas, at a place readily accessible to the general public at all times on the 12th day of May, 2017 and said Notice remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours proceeding the scheduled time of said meeting.
Dated this 12th day of May, 2017.