WILLIS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
AGENDA/NOTICE OF MEETING CARGILL EDUCATION SUPPORT CENTER
204 W. ROGERS
WILLIS, TEXAS 77378
POSTED: May 11, 2017
The Board of Trustees of the Willis Independent School District will meet in a Special Board Meeting on May 15, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. at the Cargill Education Support Center, 204 W. Rogers, Willis, Texas 77378, and the business to be conducted is listed below.
If, during the course of the meeting covered by this notice, the Board of Trustees should determine that a closed or executive meeting of the Board is required, then such closed or executive meeting as authorized by the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et. Seq., will be held by the Board of Trustees at the date, hour and place indicated in this Notice or as soon after the commencement of the meeting covered by this Notice as the Board of Trustees may conveniently meet in such closed or executive session concerning any and all purposes: 551.071, 551.072, 551.073, 551.074, 551.076,
551.082, 551.083, 551.084, 551.129.
Should any final action, decision, or vote be required in the opinion of the Board of Trustees with regard to any matter considered in such closed or executive meeting or session, then the final action, decision or vote shall be either in open meeting, or at a subsequent public meeting upon notice thereof, as the Board of Trustees shall determine.
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER: announcement by the Board President as to the presence of a quorum, and that notice of the meeting has been posted for the time and manner required by law.
II. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION ITEMS
- Discuss, Consider and Take Possible Action to accept the resignation of Elizabeth McKenna, Board Member
- Discuss, Consider Appointment of a new board of trustee to fill vacancy
- *CONVENE INTO CLOSED SESSION for the purpose of considering matters for which closed sessions are authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code Sections (.071-.129)
- Discuss, Deliberate candidates for replacement trustee to fill vacant Board Tex. Gov’t Code 551.074
- **RECONVENE IN OPEN SESSION for consideration of and possible action on matters discussed in Closed
V. ADJOURNMENT OF SPECIAL MEETING
*Adjourn to Closed Session
**Reconvene in Open Session
Place: Cargill Education Support Center Date: May 12, 2017